- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
49° North. An hour north of Spokane in the Colville National Forest, this is a 2,325-acre family-oriented resort. Lift tickets cost $52–$57; snowboards and ski package rentals are about $35. U.S. 395, 3311 Flowery Trail Rd., Chewelah, WA, 99109. 509/935–6649 or 866/376–4949. www.ski49n.com.
Mt. Spokane. A modest downhill resort, 28 miles northeast of downtown Spokane, Mt. Spokane has a 2,000-foot drop and 10 miles of groomed cross-country ski trails. Snowshoeing and tubing are also options. There's night skiing Wednesday–Saturday. Lift tickets cost $36–$49. A Discover Pass is required on all vehicles ($10 for one day or $30 annually) and is valid at all Washington state parks. A Sno-Park permit is also required for parking at nordic skiing trailheads. 29500 N. Mt. Spokane Park Dr., Mead, WA, 99021. 509/238–2220. www.mtspokane.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe