- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Purple House Bed and Breakfast
At a Glance
- elegant furnishings
- much historic appeal
- on-site pool
- some rooms have shared baths
- advance reservations (as at most smaller B&Bs) are generally necessary
Purple House Bed and Breakfast Review
Built in 1882 by a pioneer physician, this Italianate-style house's bedrooms are individually appointed with a tasteful selection of Victorian antiques. European art and Chinese collectibles adorn the interior. Afternoon pastries and tea are presented in the parlor. The master suite on the main floor is wheelchair accessible. Small pets are welcome.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more