- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
The Davenport Hotel & Tower
At a Glance
- main hotel's historical restoration is a marvel to see
- abundant resort-like amenities
- experienced service
- no coffeemakers or minibars in rooms
- no bathtubs in Tower rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
The Davenport Hotel & Tower Review
Two buildings on opposite sides of the street—one historic, the other a 21-floor modern tower—make up Washington state's fourth largest hotel and one of its best, with elegant accommodations and a plethora of amenities, including good-size TVs. Rooms in the main hotel have hand-carved mahogany furniture and fine Irish linens, and though the sleeping areas are not huge, the marble bathrooms, with big soaking tubs and separate showers, are spacious and inviting. Each building has a restaurant, and light meals are available in the Peacock Room Lounge. The lobby level has an espresso bar, candy and flower shops, and an art gallery. The contemporary-style rooms in the Tower building have marble showers and vanities, but no bathtubs.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Just learned will get to come to Seattle for a training the week of March 17. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more