- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Bluewood. The Bluewood ski area is 22 miles south of Dayton in the Umatilla National Forest. Though small, with just three triple chairlifts and about two dozen runs, Bluewood is popular with both skiers and snowboarders because of its especially dry snow and high elevation. The resort also has 5 miles of cross-country trails as well as a restaurant, a pub, a ski shop, and a gift shop. Lift tickets cost $42. 2000 N. Touchet Rd., Dayton, WA, 99328. 509/382–4725. www.bluewood.com. Mid-Nov.–Apr., Thurs.–Sun. 9–4.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's