Heathman Lodge Review
Amenities and facilities here—from the ultra-comfortable mattresses to the outstanding food in Hudson's Bar & Grill ($-$$)—make you feel spoiled. The alpine-style lodge, with massive hand-hewn logs, is central—five minutes from Westfield Shoppingtown, Vancouver's only mall—yet seems very secluded once you come inside. Goat cheese and herb-stuffed Draper Valley chicken breast with wild-rice pancakes, and stuffed cedar-plank salmon over roasted-shallot whipped potatoes and wilted spinach are among the signature offerings at Hudson's, where chef Mark Hosak is in charge. Pros: Sincerely attentive service; roomy accommodations, especially the suites; lodge theme is warm, rustic, and unique. Cons: The rumble of traffic can sometimes be heard from the rooms closest to the freeway, not the greatest in-room coffee.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $72.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Tacoma Hotwire
- Book in Tacoma Fr $127+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $16/night less
- Book the The Villa Bed & Breakfast 3 Nts in May Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Book in Tacoma Fr $98+/Nt — $98 Save with Hotels.com, $11/night less
- Special deal: 4-Star Murano Fr $178+/Nt — $178 Expedia
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
At least 2 vehicles went into the water. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more