At a Glance
- excellent breakfast
- historic appeal as state's oldest hotel
- attentive service
- like many B&Bs, there are no in-room phones or TVs
- some rooms are rather small
Shelburne Inn Review
A white picket fence surrounds rose and other gardens as well as an 1896 Victorian that's home to Washington's oldest continuously run hotel. Fresh flowers, antiques, fine-art prints, and original works adorn guest rooms, a few of which have decks or balconies. The Shelburne Restaurant and Pub ($-$$$) has a dark wooden interior and a contemporary American menu dominated by seafood dishes. Homemade pastries and specialty desserts feature fresh local ingredients. The cozy Pub serves lighter fare.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 3-Star Courtyard Tacoma Downtown Fr $219+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book 3 Nts in Tacoma this May Fr $149+/Nt Save with Expedia, $14/night less
- Book the The Villa Bed & Breakfast 3 Nts in May Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- May deal: Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South Fr $110+/Nt — $110 Save with Expedia, $7/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Tacoma Fr $112+/Nt — $112 Save with Expedia, $42/night less
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We'll be spending 2 days in the Woodinville, WA and 2 in Yakima area. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more