Ocean Park is the commercial center of the peninsula's quieter north end. It was founded as a camp for the Methodist Episcopal Church of Portland in 1883. Although the law that prohibited the establishment of saloons and gambling houses no longer exists, the deeds for some homes still state that the properties will be forfeited if alcohol is bought on the premises.
Elsewhere in Southwestern Washington
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $65.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Tacoma Hotwire
- Super Low Tacoma Rate: Book Fr $127+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $22/night less
- Small budget: Stay in Tacoma this May Fr $137+/Nt — $137 Expedia
- Book in Tacoma Fr $67+/Nt — $67 Hotels.com
- $224 & Up: Murano 4-Star Hotel in Tacoma — $224 Expedia