- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Driving south on I-5, take the West Seattle Bridge exit (which is easy to miss). The Harbor Avenue SW exit will take you to Alki Beach; SW Admiral Way will get you to California Avenue. By bus, take Bus 22, 56, or 57 from Downtown; all travel along 1st Avenue, cross the West Seattle Bridge, and stop at California Avenue. Buses 56 and 57 continue on to the western edge of Alki Beach.
West Seattle is huge and easiest to traverse by car. However, if you arrived by West Seattle Water Taxi (a passenger- and bicycle-only ferry that travels from Pier 50, along the waterfront Downtown, to Seacrest Park at the peninsula's eastern shore), you have several other transit options: You can rent a bicycle at Seacrest, which will get you around the beach areas and up to the restaurants on California Avenue. Or you can take Bus 54 to California Avenue, or hop on Bus number 37, which travels around the peninsula almost as far as Lincoln Park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's