- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
See where it all started at Alki Point. Any trip to West Seattle should include some beach time on Alki Beach. But be sure to make it around the western edge of the peninsula to see the lighthouse and the spot where the first settlers landed.
Dine on California Avenue SW. The stretch between SW Genesee and SW Edmonds streets has most of West Seattle's notable eateries, from hip coffee shops to delicious restaurants.
Cool off after a beach stroll in the saltwater swimming pool at Lincoln Park.
Catch the ferry to Vashon Island. The Fauntleroy terminal is the launching point for ferries to Vashon, where you can visit orchards, farms, and wineries.
Climb Schurman Rock, an outdoor climbing gym next to the West Seattle Golf Course.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe