- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
See the other Red Square, UW's lovely main plaza, named for its brick paving. Stop here for views of both college life and, on sunny days, Mt. Rainier. Then check out the well-curated exhibits at the Henry Art Gallery.
Paddle around Portage Bay from Agua Verde Café & Paddle Club, on the southwest end of the campus. They can set you up with a kayak—and a margarita and Mexican grub when you return.
Make a detour to the Center for Urban Horticulture, which is across the street from lovely outdoor shopping center University Village, on the shores of Lake Washington, for a relaxing stroll, bird-watching, or an evening picnic.
Big Time Brewing Company. Sidle up to the antique bar at Big Time Brewing Company for a Prime Time Pale Ale, an Atlas Amber Ale, a Coal Creek Porter, or a tasty Bhagwan's Best IPA. 4133 University Way NE, Seattle, WA. 206/545–4509. www.bigtimebrewery.com/.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's