- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
See the other Red Square, : UW's lovely main plaza, named for its brick paving. Stop here for views of both college life and, on sunny days, Mt. Rainier. Then check out the well-curated exhibits at the Henry Art Gallery.
Paddle around Portage Bay: from Agua Verde Café & Paddle Club, on the southwest end of the campus. They can set you up with a kayak—and a margarita and Mexican grub when you return.
Make a detour to the Center for Urban Horticulture, : which is across the street from lovely outdoor shopping center University Village, on the shores of Lake Washington, for a relaxing stroll, bird-watching, or an evening picnic.
Big Time Brewing Company. Sidle up to the antique bar at Big Time Brewing Company for a Prime Time Pale Ale, an Atlas Amber Ale, a Coal Creek Porter, or a tasty Bhagwan's Best IPA. 4133 University Way NE, Seattle, WA. 206/545–4509. www.bigtimebrewery.com/.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's