- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
There is a 15.6% hotel tax in Seattle for hotels with more than 60 rooms, 9.5% for properties with fewer than 60 rooms (another benefit for staying in bed-and-breakfasts and small boutique properties); in Bellevue the rates are 12% and 9.5%, respectively. Renting a car in Seattle will set you back 17.2% in tax, and there are additional taxes for renting cars at the airport.
The sales tax in Seattle is 9.5% and is applied to all purchases except groceries and prescription drugs.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe