- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Seattle's expanding cruise industry now welcomes some of the world's largest ships to docks on Elliott Bay. The city's strategic location along the West Coast means that it's just a day's journey by water to Canada or California, and you can reach Alaska or Mexico in less than a week. In addition to the six major cruise lines that operate weekly service out of Seattle, you can also sail around Elliott Bay, Lake Union, Lake Washington, or along a combination of local waterways in smaller sightseeing boats like Argosy Cruises.
Norwegian Cruise Line, Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Disney Cruise Line, and Royal Caribbean all offer seven-day summer cruises from Seattle to Alaska. Princess Cruises and Holland America Line also offer 14-day Alaska excursions, if you have more time to explore The Last Frontier. Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Carnival Cruise Line, and Royal Caribbean leave from the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal on Pier 91; Norwegian Cruise Line and Celebrity Cruises depart from the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal at Pier 66.
Carnival Cruise Line (888/227–6482. www.carnival.com.)
Celebrity Cruises (800/647–2251. www.celebritycruises.com.)
Holland America Line (877/932–4259. www.hollandamerica.com.)
Norwegian Cruise Line (866/234–7350. www.ncl.com.)
Princess Cruises (800/774–6237 for information; 866/335–6379 for booking. www.princess.com.)
Royal Caribbean (866/562–7625. www.royalcaribbean.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe