- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Central line runs between the airport and Downtown, with extensions to Capitol Hill and the University of Washington slated to open in 2016. Plans are afoot to extend the system north to Northgate, south to Lynnwood and Federal Way, and east to Mercer Island, Bellevue, and Microsoft's main campus in Redmond. So, eventually travelers should have a dandy rail route to get them around instead of the hodge-podge of transit options now offered. For now, definitely take advantage of the easy and inexpensive route from Sea-Tac airport to Downtown. Simply head to the Link Light Rail station on the fourth floor of the airport parking garage and arrive in Downtown in 36 minutes for just $2.75 (youth fare is $1.25 and senior/disabled fare is 75¢). Trains depart every 7½ or 15 minutes, depending on the time of day and run from 5 am to 1 am Monday through Saturday and 6 am to midnight on Sundays.
Sound Transit (888/889-6368 or 206/398-5000. www.soundtransit.org.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's