- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Central line runs between the airport and Downtown, with extensions to Capitol Hill and the University of Washington slated to open in 2016. Plans are afoot to extend the system north to Northgate, south to Lynnwood and Federal Way, and east to Mercer Island, Bellevue, and Microsoft's main campus in Redmond. So, eventually travelers should have a dandy rail route to get them around instead of the hodge-podge of transit options now offered. For now, definitely take advantage of the easy and inexpensive route from Sea-Tac airport to Downtown. Simply head to the Link Light Rail station on the fourth floor of the airport parking garage and arrive in Downtown in 36 minutes for just $2.75 (youth fare is $1.25 and senior/disabled fare is 75¢). Trains depart every 7½ or 15 minutes, depending on the time of day and run from 5 am to 1 am Monday through Saturday and 6 am to midnight on Sundays.
Sound Transit (888/889-6368 or 206/398-5000. www.soundtransit.org.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle