- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Washington State Ferries leave from Fauntleroy in West Seattle (about 9 miles southwest of Downtown) for the 20-minute ride to Vashon Island. The ferry docks at the northern tip of the island. Round-trip fares are $5.00 per person or $20.90 for a car and driver. A water taxi also goes to Vashon from Pier 50 on the Seattle waterfront, but it's primarily for commuters, operating only on weekdays during commuter hours. One-way fares are $5. There's limited bus service on the island; the best way to get around is by car or by bicycle (bring your own or rent in Seattle. Note that there's the huge hill as you immediately disembark the ferry dock and head up to town). The site www.vashonchamber.com is also a good source of information.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's