- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Seattle Center is the home to Seattle's version of the Eiffel Tower—the Space Needle—and is anchored by Frank Gehry's wild EMP building, the acclaimed Pacific Science Center, and the dazzling new Chihuly Garden and Glass. This area is a key destination for the museums or to catch a show at one of the many performing arts venues.
Seattle Center's 74-acre complex was built for the 1962 World's Fair. A rolling green campus with multiple venues is organized around the massive International Fountain. Among the arts groups based here are the Seattle Repertory Theatre, Intiman Theatre, the Seattle Opera, and the Pacific Northwest Ballet. It's also the site of three of summer's largest festivals—Northwest Folklife Festival, Bite of Seattle, and Bumbershoot. The Pacific Science Center, Seattle Children's Museum, and the newly opened Bill & Melinda Gates Visitor Center offer engaging activities for visitors of all ages.
Seattle Center at a Glance
Elsewhere in Seattle
- Capitol Hill
- The Central District
- The Eastside
- First Hill
- Green Lake
- International District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's