- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- friendly staff
- free Wi-Fi
- comfy beds
- no elevator (ask for a room on main floor if stairs are an issue)
- no in-room phone
- thin walls and street noise
- no children under 18
Check Rates from our Partners
Ballard Inn Review
Travelers seeking an authentic Seattle neighborhood experience will fall hard for this adorable, budget-friendly inn right in the heart of Ballard, tucked between coffee shops, trendy boutiques, and restaurants. It's got character too: the 1909 property is done in a minimalist, modern Louis XIV style, from the giant black rosette chandelier in the black-and-white lobby to the gold-leaf French provincial dressers, blue walls, and quilted headboards in some rooms upstairs. The twelve rooms share private baths. Two of the four suites have separate entrances for a private apartment-like feel.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more