- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Matt Janke (formerly of Matt's in the Market) doesn't have his name on the marquee at this Downtown restaurant a few blocks from his old stomping grounds, but he and business partner Jill Buchanan still prepare modern, hearty, soul-satisfying dishes that rely on ingredients from Pike Place Market. Lecosho's motto is "food we love"—they say the name is Chinook for "swine," and that means a menu heavy on the likes of house-made charcuterie, pork tenderloin wrapped in pork belly, and a pork chop served with a side of potato puree, haricots verte, and salsa verde. It's not all as heavy as it sounds and there's plenty of local fish (a Janke specialty) and shellfish, plus vegetarian pleasures like cavatelli with wild mushrooms. The room is warm and even elegant, but casual enough for a quick lunchtime stop. It's halfway down the steep Harbor Steps, but there's a street-level walkway to an elevator.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
I have 3 full days in Seatle, WA. Read more
· News & Features
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything... Read more