Mobile AppDownload Seattle - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Golden Beetle Review
The local-seasonal trend heads to the Eastern Mediterranean at this certified organic (but casual and unstuffy) restaurant owned by James Beard Award–winner Maria Hines (also of Tilth). There's nothing wrong with entrées like gillnet-caught salmon in a Moroccan charmoula sauce, but the best route here is usually a series of shareable small plates like sumac-spiced french fries cooked in duck fat, kibbeh-bulgur lamb meatballs in date sauce, and dolmas made with grass-fed beef. Cocktails are also serious business, with housemade bitters and bartenders willing to create drinks tailored to your taste. Parking can be tough in Ballard, so take advantage of the free lot behind the building.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m a single female from the Dallas, TX area and I have more freedom to travel than friends and family, so I’m getting accusto... Read more
We arrived at the SeaTac Airport in the late morning, picked up the rental car and headed to Mukilteo for the state ferry to Whidbey Isla... Read more
Had originally planned on just walking on to the Ferry at Anacortes. Now, I'm considering taking the Clipper and then returning on Kenm... Read more