- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Shafer Baillie Mansion Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- wonderful staff
- great interior and exterior common spaces
- free Wi-Fi
- no elevator and the walk to the third floor might be hard for some guests
- while children are allowed, some guests say the mansion isn't kid-friendly
Check Rates from our Partners
Shafer Baillie Mansion Bed & Breakfast Review
Guests have plenty of room to lounge and enjoy round-the-clock snacks, coffee, and tea in the library and salon of this gorgeous Grand Tudor Revival mansion, steps from Capitol Hill's Volunteer Park. The opulent guest rooms and suites on the second floor are large, with private baths, antique furnishings, Oriental rugs, huge windows, and lush details like velvet-frocked benches, gilded mirrors, and ornate four-poster beds. The third-floor rooms, while lovely, have a more contemporary country feel, but still have private baths and large windows. The expanded Continental breakfast includes the standards plus extras like a daily hot dish, smoked salmon, and prosciutto, conveniently served over an extended time.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Any suggestions for safest route to take from Grand Rapids, MI to Vancouver, WA at the end of this month (March 2014)? Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more