- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
This festive Mexican eatery is perfect if you're looking for a strong cocktail and some tasty Mexican nibbles—there is dynamite salsa to go with the chips, and excellent marinated pork-shoulder tacos and roasted poblano quesadillas. The Mexican chop-chop salad is also a huge hit. Barrio is nestled in the trendy Pike–Pine Corridor. The food isn't transcendent, but the hip (if noisy) ambience, attentive service, and more than 200 candles hand-lit every night make for a cool scene. Top off your meal with homemade churros. Barrio serves lunch, weekend brunch, and "half-off tequila" on Mondays. Hit up the very popular happy hour from 3 to 6 pm (there's a late-night one, too, with variable hours).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more