Mobile AppDownload Seattle - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Stumptown Coffee Roasters
Stumptown Coffee Roasters Review
This hip Portland powerhouse is quickly becoming one of the West Coast's most well-known coffee-roasting operations. And Seattle simply loves the stuff. There's good reason: the coffee is divine, and the vibe, while über-hip, isn't too-cool-for-school. Plus, the mini-empire is backed by some very sound practices, including "direct trade," which means they source directly from growers, usually paying well above fair trade prices. This, the original Seattle location, is a small, airy space with a lively bar area, plus simple open-booth seating, which is often filled with Seattle University hipsters and tattooed locals. For a thoughtful introduction to the brews, stop by for free "cupping" sessions daily at 3 pm. There are several other locations around town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m a single female from the Dallas, TX area and I have more freedom to travel than friends and family, so I’m getting accusto... Read more
We arrived at the SeaTac Airport in the late morning, picked up the rental car and headed to Mukilteo for the state ferry to Whidbey Isla... Read more