- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Mistral Kitchen Review
The two sections of this chic industrial Downtown restaurant offer quite separate experiences. The bar has a more approachable and low-key vibe, and a hip crowd shows up for good happy-hour deals and dynamite cocktails. The restaurant, with chef-owner William Belickis's open kitchen, is much fancier and showcases a bold mix of techniques like conduction electric stovetops, sous-vide preparations, and rustic wood-burning ovens. Tender leg of lamb, warm endive salad with a soft-poached egg, or seared scallop with sunchoke are all standouts, and you can also skip the fire and order hamachi, tuna crudo, and raw oysters. It can get pricey, depending on which section of the restaurant you choose, but everything looks and tastes good.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more