Mobile AppDownload Seattle - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Smith Tower Review
The iconic Smith Tower opened on July 4, 1914, and was the tallest office building outside New York City and the fourth tallest building in the world. (It remained the tallest building west of the Mississippi for nearly 50 years.) The Smith Tower Observation Deck on the 35th floor is an open-air wrap-around deck providing panoramic views of the surrounding historic neighborhood, ball fields, the city skyline, and the mountains on clear days. The ride to the Observation Deck is via a manually-operated elevator (the last on the west coast) and the ground floor was recently restored and returned to its original 1914 footprint as part of a $28 million restoration.
- Address: 506 2nd Ave. S, Pioneer Square, Seattle, WA, 98104 | Map It
- Phone: 206/622–4004
- Cost: $7.50
- Hours: May–July, daily 10 am–8:30 pm; Apr. and Oct., daily 10–5; Sept., daily 10–7:30; Nov.–Mar., weekends only 10–4. Hours may vary based on the private events schedule; check online before you go.
- Website: www.smithtower.com/Observation.html
- Location: Pioneer Square
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m a single female from the Dallas, TX area and I have more freedom to travel than friends and family, so I’m getting accusto... Read more
We arrived at the SeaTac Airport in the late morning, picked up the rental car and headed to Mukilteo for the state ferry to Whidbey Isla... Read more