- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Smith Tower Review
The iconic Smith Tower opened on July 4, 1914, and was the tallest office building outside New York City and the fourth tallest building in the world. (It remained the tallest building west of the Mississippi for nearly 50 years.) The Smith Tower Observation Deck on the 35th floor is an open-air wrap-around deck providing panoramic views of the surrounding historic neighborhood, ball fields, the city skyline, and the mountains on clear days. The ride to the Observation Deck is via a manually-operated elevator (the last on the west coast) and the ground floor was recently restored and returned to its original 1914 footprint as part of a $28 million restoration.
- Address: 506 2nd Ave. S, Pioneer Square, Seattle, WA 98104 | Map It
- Phone: 206/622–4004
- Cost: $7.50
- Hours: May–July, daily 10 am–8:30 pm; Apr. and Oct., daily 10–5; Sept., daily 10–7:30; Nov.–Mar., weekends only 10–4. Hours may vary based on the private events schedule; check online before you go.
- Website: www.smithtower.com/Observation.html
- Location: Pioneer Square
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more