- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Copper Gate Tavern
Copper Gate Tavern Review
Old Ballard's Scandinavian heritage is still alive. At Copper Gate, antique bric-a-brac from the tavern's original owner shares the space with part of a hull from a replica Viking ship and many vintage black-and-white photos of bare-breasted Nordic babes. This may be the only bar in Seattle that serves aquavit as a mainstay, not a curiosity. Gravlax, pickled herring, and Swedish meatballs with lingonberry jam pair wonderfully with specialty cocktails like the Big Cucumber (Aalborg Akvavit, lemon, sugar, and cucumber).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am an Australian travelling to the West Coast for 4 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more