- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Seward Park Review
Seward Park, about 10 minutes southeast of Downtown, is a relatively undiscovered gem on the shores of Lake Washington. The 300-acre park includes trails through old-growth forest, mountain views, eagle's nests, a 2.4-mile biking and walking path, a native plant garden, art studio, and a small swimming beach. Free walking tours are offered by Friends of Seward Park at 11 am on most first Saturdays (check the website to confirm), departing from the Seward Park Environmental and Audubon Center. Turn your park visit into a bike tour on select summer Sundays for Bicycle Sunday, when Lake Washington Boulevard (south of Mount Baker Beach to the entrance of Seward Park) is closed to motorized traffic, 10 am–6 pm. Check www.seattle.gov/parks/bicyclesunday.
- Address: 5895 Lake Washington Blvd. S, Columbia City–Seward Park Mt. Baker, Seattle, WA 98118 | Map It
- Website: www.sewardpark.org, www.seattle.gov/parks/bicyclesunday
- Location: The Central District
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more