- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Seward Park Review
Seward Park, about 10 minutes southeast of Downtown, is a relatively undiscovered gem on the shores of Lake Washington. The 300-acre park includes trails through old-growth forest, mountain views, eagle's nests, a 2.4-mile biking and walking path, a native plant garden, art studio, and a small swimming beach. Free walking tours are offered by Friends of Seward Park at 11 am on most first Saturdays (check the website to confirm), departing from the Seward Park Environmental and Audubon Center. Turn your park visit into a bike tour on select summer Sundays for Bicycle Sunday, when Lake Washington Boulevard (south of Mount Baker Beach to the entrance of Seward Park) is closed to motorized traffic, 10 am–6 pm. Check www.seattle.gov/parks/bicyclesunday.
- Address: 5895 Lake Washington Blvd. S, Columbia City–Seward Park Mt. Baker, Seattle, WA 98118 | Map It
- Website: www.sewardpark.org, www.seattle.gov/parks/bicyclesunday
- Location: The Central District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am planning for a 9 day trip to Yosemite, Big Sur, Oregon cost/Oregon and Washington state – from May 24th to Jun 1st . Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more