- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn
At a Glance
- great staff
- large suites
- extras like homemade soap, chocolates, and free Wi-Fi
- steep walk up many steps
- college housing nearby
- can be hard to find
Check Rates from our Partners
Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn Review
Hidden atop an ivy-covered hillside, this 1915 Georgian Revival house and collection of cozy mini-apartments are among the best of Seattle's bed and breakfasts. Six lovely bedrooms in the main house have fireplaces and private porches; the firelit common room is stocked with a guest computer, cookies, fruit, and tea. Across the garden are the University suites: small apartments perfect for families (and pets) and that share access to the Chambered Nautilus facilities. All guests enjoy the three-course gourmet breakfasts: perhaps Northwest-style eggs Benedict with salmon or stuffed French toast with homemade orange syrup. Nearby Ravenna Park is lovely for strolling; cyclists appreciate the Burke Gilman trail.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
One night only in Seatlle prior to cruise. Read more
· News & Features
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything... Read more