- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Northwest Puppet Center
Northwest Puppet Center Review
In a renovated church in the Maple Leaf neighborhood, the only puppet center in the Northwest highlights the renowned marionettes of the Carter family, professional puppeteers trained by masters from Italy, Romania, and China. For their talents they have received a Fulbright Award and a UNIMA/USA Citation of Excellence, the highest award in American puppet theater. New museum exhibits are curated about every six months and may focus on a particular tradition, technique, or historic period. Past exhibits have included "Puppetry from Around the World" and "Cheering up the Great Depression: Puppetry & the WPA." Performances are open to the public on weekends. Recent shows include Rapunzel, Puss in Boots, and Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp. The museum is open before and after shows, or by appointment.
- Address: 9123 15th Ave. NE, University District, Seattle, WA 98115 | Map It
- Phone: 206/523–2579
- Cost: Museum is free, performance ticket prices vary; call ahead to reserve
- Hours: Call or visit website for performance and workshop schedules
- Website: www.nwpuppet.org
- Location: University District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am an Australian travelling to the West Coast for 4 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more