- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Lake Sammamish State Park
Lake Sammamish State Park Review
Due to Washington State budget cuts, a Discovery Pass is now required at all state parks ($10 for the day or $30 for the year) which has made for a more subdued experience at this 512-acre day-use park just off I–90. Though lifeguards are no longer on duty, there are two sandy beaches, plenty of picnic tables (it's best to bring your own basket rather than test the concessions), a playground, and seasonal kayak and paddleboard rentals via Issaquah Paddle Sports (206/527–1825). There are a few shady walking trails, and if you head east, you can connect to the Samammish River Trail and walk or bike all the way to Marymoor Park.
- Address: 2000 NW Sammamish Road, Issaquah, WA 98027 | Map It
- Phone: 425/455–7010
- Cost: Discovery Pass required ($10/day or $30/yr)
- Hours: 6:30 am–dusk
- Website: www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=lake%20sammamish
- Location: The Eastside
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
My husband has a conference at U.Wash. in August, and I'm looking for the quietest accomodation close to the University. Specifically, does anyone which of these hotels would offer the most pleasa Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more