Mobile AppDownload Seattle - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
The BalMar Review
One of Ballard's largest and most attractive bars, this former department store has exposed-brick walls, hardwood floors, comfy cocoa-color couches, and ottomans. The two stories include areas to dine (serving a small-plates menu), drink, and shoot pool. It can be a bit of a fratty meat market on Saturday, but other than that it's usually pretty mellow, and there's room enough to accommodate all the groups of friends and co-workers who enjoy this slightly more upscale alternative to Ballard's neighborhood joints.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I’m a single female from the Dallas, TX area and I have more freedom to travel than friends and family, so I’m getting accusto... Read more
We arrived at the SeaTac Airport in the late morning, picked up the rental car and headed to Mukilteo for the state ferry to Whidbey Isla... Read more