- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- near Pike Place Market and the Space Needle
- newly renovated
- one of the best happy hours in town
- some street-facing rooms can be a little noisy, small gym
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Monaco Review
Thanks to a massive $5.2-million renovation completed in 2012, the once slightly dated 189-room hotel has sprung back to life with a modern-meets-global look. Designed by Andrea Dawson (of the Drake Hotel in San Francisco and the Alexis Hotel in Seattle), the lobby is outfitted with mid-century-inspired sofas, Regency-style table lamps, artwork by local Seattle artists, and a mosaic-tiled fireplace. Rooms are done in a palette of soft reds and gunmetal grays, with beds topped with Frette linens, floor-to-ceiling drapes have a Turkish motif, and floor lamps recall telescopes. The hotel hasn't lost any of its Kimpton character in the process, though: there are still goldfish offered at check-in for homesick nights, a nightly wine reception for meeting other guests, and complimentary bike use.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more