- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- near Pike Place Market and the Space Needle
- newly renovated
- one of the best happy hours in town
- some street-facing rooms can be a little noisy, small gym
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Monaco Review
Thanks to a massive $5.2-million renovation completed in 2012, the once slightly dated 189-room hotel has sprung back to life with a modern-meets-global look. Designed by Andrea Dawson (of the Drake Hotel in San Francisco and the Alexis Hotel in Seattle), the lobby is outfitted with mid-century-inspired sofas, Regency-style table lamps, artwork by local Seattle artists, and a mosaic-tiled fireplace. Rooms are done in a palette of soft reds and gunmetal grays, with beds topped with Frette linens, floor-to-ceiling drapes have a Turkish motif, and floor lamps recall telescopes. The hotel hasn't lost any of its Kimpton character in the process, though: there are still goldfish offered at check-in for homesick nights, a nightly wine reception for meeting other guests, and complimentary bike use.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
I am an Australian travelling to the West Coast for 4 weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Locally sourced food has never been more local, as chefs have begun growing their own fresh fruits and ... Read more
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more