- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great service
- close to waterfront
- unique, beautiful rooms
- suites aren't prohibitively expensive
- small lobby
- not entirely soundproofed
- some rooms can be a bit dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Alexis Hotel Review
Aesthetes and modern romantics will adore the Alexis Hotel, which occupies two historic buildings near the waterfront. Using slate gray, soft blue, taupe, and white against exposed brick, walls of windows, and nouveau-baroque touches, the Alexis has updated its look while maintaining a classic feel—but the ornate leather chairs and wood-burning fireplaces recall a different era. The Alexis has always had a focus on art, including a corridor with a rotating collection of artwork selected by a Seattle Art Museum curator. Downstairs, the Library bistro is one of the city's favorite hideaways.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
My husband has a conference at U.Wash. in August, and I'm looking for the quietest accomodation close to the University. Specifically, does anyone which of these hotels would offer the most pleasa Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more