- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- great service
- close to waterfront
- unique, beautiful rooms
- suites aren't prohibitively expensive
- small lobby
- not entirely soundproofed
- some rooms can be a bit dark
Check Rates from our Partners
Alexis Hotel Review
Aesthetes and modern romantics will adore the Alexis Hotel, which occupies two historic buildings near the waterfront. Using slate gray, soft blue, taupe, and white against exposed brick, walls of windows, and nouveau-baroque touches, the Alexis has updated its look while maintaining a classic feel—but the ornate leather chairs and wood-burning fireplaces recall a different era. The Alexis has always had a focus on art, including a corridor with a rotating collection of artwork selected by a Seattle Art Museum curator. Downstairs, the Library bistro is one of the city's favorite hideaways.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more