- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Green Tortoise Backpacker's Hotel
At a Glance
- cheapest lodging in town
- great place to make instant friends from around the globe
- across the street from Pike Place Market
- great bike rental program
- free day storage
- street noise
- thin walls
- if you don't like the communal experience this isn't for you
Check Rates from our Partners
Green Tortoise Backpacker's Hotel Review
A Seattle institution, the Green Tortoise is still considered by many to be the best deal in town—and even if you don't own a backpack and the word "hostel" gives you the heebie-jeebies, the impressive cleanliness makes the Tortoise an option for anyone on a budget who doesn't mind sacrificing a little privacy. There are women-only rooms and families can often get their own room, though all guests share the bathrooms, which are spacious and clean. Each bunk bed has its own locker, light, privacy curtains, four-plug outlet, and fan. The rate includes a fairly extensive breakfast buffet, and dinner Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more