- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Red Lion Hotel on 5th Avenue
At a Glance
- great for groups
- water views from some rooms
- readers complain about spotty service
- slow (or nonexistent) Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Red Lion Hotel on 5th Avenue Review
Location is the major draw for this remodeled former bank headquarters in the heart of Downtown. Convenient to the shopping and financial districts, as well as just about every other Downtown attraction, this traditional hotel offers casual comfort without a lot of fuss. Standard rooms are midsize and basic; beds do, however, have pillow-top mattresses. Rooms on the executive floors (17–20) have exquisite views of Puget Sound or the city skyline. Definitely take advantage of the on-site bar and grill's huge outdoor patio—scheduled to reopen after a major overhaul in Spring 2013.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Any suggestions for safest route to take from Grand Rapids, MI to Vancouver, WA at the end of this month (March 2014)? Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more