- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Red Lion Hotel on 5th Avenue
At a Glance
- great for groups
- water views from some rooms
- readers complain about spotty service
- slow (or nonexistent) Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Red Lion Hotel on 5th Avenue Review
Location is the major draw for this remodeled former bank headquarters in the heart of Downtown. Convenient to the shopping and financial districts, as well as just about every other Downtown attraction, this traditional hotel offers casual comfort without a lot of fuss. Standard rooms are midsize and basic; beds do, however, have pillow-top mattresses. Rooms on the executive floors (17–20) have exquisite views of Puget Sound or the city skyline. Definitely take advantage of the on-site bar and grill's huge outdoor patio—scheduled to reopen after a major overhaul in Spring 2013.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more