- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- serene and classy
- fantastic service
- great restaurant
- fabulous beds
- free Downtown car service
- not central
- rooms are a bit small
Check Rates from our Partners
Sorrento Hotel Review
If you're the type who owns a smoking jacket, names aged Scotch as your poison, or wants to pretend you're on the set of a period piece, look no further than this Italianate hotel built in 1909. Though the immediate area is not terribly attractive, it's convenient to both Downtown and Capitol Hill. The rich wood-paneled lobby and Fireside Room—a perfect spot for a martini on a rainy night—are visions of old-world elegance. Guest rooms are as light as the common areas are dark, with only a few tasseled pillows and antique furnishings to tie them to the decor downstairs; the largest are the corner suites. The Hunt Club serves excellent Pacific Northwest dishes. This property is a short hike uphill from the center of Downtown but there is a courtesy shuttle.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary. ... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more