- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- ultratrendy but with some of the most affordable rates in town
- good place to meet other travelers
- free Wi-Fi
- most rooms have shared bathrooms
- not for people who want pampering
- neighborhood rife with panhandlers
- lots of stairs to get to lobby
Check Rates from our Partners
Ace Hotel Review
The Ace is a dream come true for both penny-pinching hipsters and folks who appreciate unique minimalist decor. Almost everything is white—even the wood floors and brick walls have been painted—making elements like randomly placed tree stumps pop in this gallery-like space. Rooms continue the theme, with such touches as army-surplus blankets, industrial metal sinks, and street art breaking up any notion of austerity. The cheapest rooms share bathrooms, which have enormous showers. Suites are larger and have private bathrooms. A small dining room hosts a Continental breakfast and has a vending machine with unusual items like Japanese snacks and hangover cures. This is a very specific experience and aesthetic: if you're not soothed (or stimulated) by the stripped-down quality of the rooms or not amused by finding a copy of the Kama Sutra where the Bible would be, you may want to stay elsewhere.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more