- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Pike Place Market
Pike Place Market Review
One of the nation's largest and oldest public markets, Pike Place Market dates from 1907, when the city issued permits allowing farmers to sell produce from wagons parked at Pike Place. At one time the market was a madhouse of vendors hawking their produce and haggling with customers over prices; now you might find fishmongers engaging in frenzied banter and hilarious antics, but chances are you won't get them to waver on prices. There are many restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops (including the flagship Starbucks), lunch counters, and ethnic eateries. Go to the Market hungry and you won't be disappointed. The flower market is also a must-see—gigantic fresh arrangements can be had for as little as $5. Strap on some walking shoes and enjoy the Market's many corridors: Specialty-food items, quirky gift shops, tea, honey, jams, comic books, beads, eclectic crafts and cookware—you'll find it all here.
- Address: Pike Pl. at Pike St., west of 1st Ave., Downtown, Seattle, WA 98101 | Map It
- Phone: 206/682–7453
- Hours: Market opens daily for breakfast at 6 am; fresh produce and fish open 7 am–6 pm; Merchants open 10 am–6 pm; restaurants and bars last call, 1:30 am
- Website: www.pikeplacemarket.org
- Location: Downtown
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We called this our Coffee, Hiking, Wine Trip; aka Just Relax
We're from NJ, but this was our 7th trip to each of these states. Read more
Family of 4, two kids will be 8 years old. Read more
· News & Features
Despite its rainy reputation, Seattle is anything but dreary.... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more