- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Pioneer Square is directly south of Downtown, which means you can easily walk here. However, the stretch between the two neighborhoods is not the most scenic trip, so you can also hop on a bus heading south on 1st Avenue.
Pioneer Square itself is pretty small; you'll easily be able to walk to all the galleries. If you've driven in from a more distant neighborhood, most of the pay parking lots and garages are on S. Jackson Street.
Most people combine Pioneer Square with a trip to the International District, which together would make a full day of sightseeing. Pioneer Square is also the closest neighborhood to CenturyLink Field and Safeco Field, so it also makes sense to end a touring day here before heading to a game.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's