- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The I.D. is southeast of Pioneer Square, and the neighborhoods are often combined in one visit—you may find yourself wandering into the I.D. anyway, along South Jackson Street, which is the main thoroughfare connecting the two neighborhoods.
From the center of Downtown, walking to the I.D. takes about 20 minutes. However, it's not a scenic route, so unless you need the leg stretch, take a bus or hail a cab. Buses 7, 14, and 36 pick up on Pine (at 3rd or 4th avenues). Bus 99 picks up by each of the major piers and travels along Alaskan Way.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe