- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Browse for unique gifts, souvenirs, and trinkets at Uwajimaya and Kobo at Higo. Uwajimaya has an amazing selection of Asian foods, plus a great bookstore and home section. Kobo, a gallery for local artists, is the spot for classy mementos.
Get a history lesson with your tea at the Panama Hotel. Although not one of our top choices for lodging, this hotel is a must-see for its lovely ground-floor teahouse and window into the lives of Japanese Americans shipped to internment camps during World War II.
Tour the neighborhood with docents from the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience. The museum casts a no-nonsense eye on the story of Asian and Pacific Islander communities, and guided tours point out the living history in the neighborhood.
Sample something from every major Asian cuisine.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe