- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Browse for unique gifts, souvenirs, and trinkets at Uwajimaya and Kobo at Higo. Uwajimaya has an amazing selection of Asian foods, plus a great bookstore and home section. Kobo, a gallery for local artists, is the spot for classy mementos.
Get a history lesson with your tea at the Panama Hotel. Although not one of our top choices for lodging, this hotel is a must-see for its lovely ground-floor teahouse and window into the lives of Japanese Americans shipped to internment camps during World War II.
Tour the neighborhood with docents from the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience. The museum casts a no-nonsense eye on the story of Asian and Pacific Islander communities, and guided tours point out the living history in the neighborhood.
Sample something from every major Asian cuisine.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off The Westin Seattle
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $86 -- 3-Star Downtown Seattle Hotel Near Space Needle — $86 Hotwire.com