- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Seattle loves its beer, and for good reason. America's ever-burgeoning craft-beer scene owes this city a big debt. In 1981, RedHook Ale Brewery became one of the country's first microbreweries, and Seattle's love affair with the good stuff hasn't faltered since.
Craft beer aficionados will find plenty of spots for sampling local brews as well as the best imports from around the country and the world; nearly every neighborhood worth its weight boasts a great beer bar or two. Tipplers will notice that Belgian beers and hoppy IPAs are especially popular.
People here take beer every drop as seriously as oenophiles at a wine bar. If you have any questions, your bartender—or the guy on the barstool next to you—is sure to have plenty of suggestions. For more on the Seattle beer scene, check out the informative www.seattlebeernews.com. And keep in mind that every May brings Seattle Beer Week (seattlebeerweek.com), with events all over town.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe