- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Staying with Kids
Traveling with kids can be a challenge, from hauling their gear to finding a spot for them to sleep in cramped hotel rooms. Don't let that stop you, though. Children are welcome at most Seattle hotels; some even cater to your munchkins with kid-friendly treats and amenities. While most hotels in Seattle allow children under a certain age to stay in their parents' room at no extra charge, others charge for them as extra adults, so be sure to find out the cutoff age for children's discounts. Cribs are usually available upon request, and hotel staff can assist you in finding a reputable babysitter. Always let hotel staff know you'll be traveling with children when you book your room—most love the chance to treat your tots and will appreciate the advanced warning. Here are a few of our favorite kid-friendly hotels:
Stylish tots will love the kid-size animal-print robes at Hotel Monaco, while the toy chest in the lobby will keep them occupied. They might also get a kick out of having a pet goldfish on loan for the duration of their stay.
Watertown Hotel pampers children with their complimentary "Ala Cart" program—goody carts stocked with games, movies, and art supplies. Families will also love their free bike rentals and fresh cupcakes.
For a family-friendly B&B stay, the University suites at the Chambered Nautilus University Bed & Breakfast Inn have mini apartments with private entrances and kitchens in a residential part of the U-District. It's also just one block away from Ravenna Park, where families can picnic, play, or hike through the woods.
The Silver Cloud hotels are all suitable for families, especially the one on Lake Union.
Some of the loveliest (and most expensive) hotels also cater to young ones:
The Fairmont Olympic Hotel has a swimming pool and offers outstanding children's treats, such as milk and cookies, kid-friendly movies (popcorn included!), and child-size bathrobes.
Tweens and teens will love the virtual golf club and X-box suites at Hotel 1000, while more Zen youngsters can luxuriate in child-size robes for the hotel's kid spa treatments.
Both the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle in South Lake Union and Downtown's Four Seasons Hotel Seattle greet small guests with a stuffed toy on their beds, while the Four Seasons also pampers kids with mini-robes, children's videos, and baby bath products.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $169-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $169-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $140 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $140 Sheraton Seattle Hotel