- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
You can walk from Downtown, taking Pine or Pike Street across I-5 to Melrose Avenue, but keep in mind that touring the neighborhood itself will require a lot of walking, and it's uphill from Downtown.
Buses 10, 11, and 49 all pick up on Pike Street Downtown and travel up Pine Street after crossing I-5. This is the easiest crosstown route to Capitol Hill's Pike-Pine Corridor. The 10 and the 49 continue up toward Volunteer Park. The 8 connects Seattle Center to Capitol Hill via Denny Way. The 11 and the 43 (the latter also picks up on Pike Street Downtown) will get you the closest to the Washington Park Arboretum, which is technically several neighborhoods out of Capitol Hill (most people usually drive or bike there).
Street parking here is difficult. Keep an eye out for pay lots, which are numerous.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's