- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Browse the stacks at Elliott Bay Book Company, Seattle's biggest independent bookstore. Then find a sunny reading spot in Cal Anderson Park, a block away.
After you've stocked up on books, visit the surrounding shops, ice cream shops, coffeehouses, and restaurants that make the Pike-Pine Corridor so hip and happening.
Browse the art collection at the Seattle Asian Art Museum, then relax in the surrounding Volunteer Park.
Rock out at Neumos, to anything from indie music to national touring acts.
Sample fantastic restaurants and coffeehouses, including Poppy, Sitka & Spruce, Anchovies & Olives, and Cascina Spinasse (for food); and Stumptown, Espresso Vivace, and Caffé Vita (for caffeine).
See the season's colors at nearby Washington Park Arboretum.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe