- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Ballard Farmers' Market, on Ballard Avenue every Sunday from 10 to 3 (rain or shine, year-round), is one of the city's best farmers' markets.
See a show at the Sunset Tavern. Ballard has its own music scene, with several small clubs on Ballard Avenue; The Tractor is a small venue with a big reputation.
Grab a drink at any number of watering holes along Ballard Avenue. A few favorites are Portalis Wine Shop, Bastille, and Kings Hardware.
Get some retail therapy, Ballard-style: the area's artsy galleries and many boutiques, and shoe and clothing stores offer some very fine reasons to drop some dough.
Dip your toes in the water at Golden Gardens Park.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe