Basketball in Seattle
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Seattle Storm. The WNBA Seattle Storm has its season from mid-June to September. The Storm play at KeyArena, on the Seattle Center campus. Tickets cost $10–$57. KeyArena, 305 Harrison Street, Downtown, Seattle, WA, 98109. 206/217–WNBA. www.wnba.com/storm.
UW Huskies. Representing Seattle basketball in the Pac-10 Conference, the UW Huskies have made huge strides under the guidance of coach Lorenzo Romar. Along with several conference titles, the team has advanced to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen three times in a decade. The always-tough women's team—which also enjoys a very loyal (and loud) fan base—has advanced to the NCAA tournament several times in recent years, as well. Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion, known locally as "Hec Ed," is where the UW's men's and women's basketball teams play. Tickets are $6–$35. 3870 Montlake Blvd. NE, University District, Seattle, WA, 98195. 206/543–2200. gohuskies.cstv.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe