Parks Information in Seattle
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
King County Parks and Recreation. This agency manages many of the parks outside city limits. Seattle, WA. 206/296–4232 information and reservations. www.kingcounty.gov/recreation/parks.aspx.
Seattle Parks and Recreation Department. To find out whether an in-town park baseball diamond or tennis court is available, contact the Seattle Parks and Recreation Department, which is responsible for most of the parks, piers, beaches, playgrounds, and courts within city limits. The department issues permits for events, arranges reservations for facilities, and staffs visitor centers and naturalist programs. Seattle, WA. 206/684–4075. www.seattle.gov/parks.
Washington State Parks. The state manages several parks and campgrounds in greater Seattle. 1111 Israel Rd. S.W., Seattle, WA, 98504-2650. 360/902–8844 for general information; 888/226–7688 for campsite reservations. www.parks.wa.gov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's