Seattle Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Seattle is a city of many neighborhoods: Eclectic, urban, outdoorsy, artsy, gritty, down-to-earth, or posh—it's all here, from the quirky character of the Seattle Waterfront and the eccentric "Republic of Fremont," to hipsters walking baby carriages past aging mansions on Capitol Hill. There's something for just about everyone within this vibrant Emerald City.
Much like the eclectic city itself, Seattle's lodging offers something for everyone. There are grand, ornate vintage hotels; sleek and elegant, modern properties...read more
Thanks to inventive chefs, first-rate local produce, adventurous diners, and a bold entrepreneurial spirit, Seattle has become one of the culinary capitals...read more
Things To Do in Seattle
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Seattle is a city that doesn't stand on convention. From its well-earned reputation for quirky music and art, to its laid-back population of obsessive... Read more
If you want to savor the Emerald City like a local, start by familiarizing yourself with some of its passions.... Read more
The Great Outdoors gets so much attention it's easy to overlook Seattle's Great Indoors—the myriad galleries, museums, music clubs, independent... Read more
Downtown's Seattle Art Museum (SAM) is known for its collection of modern and Native American art. A sleek addition to the original building—complete... Read more
"There is plenty of room for one thousand settlers. Come at once." Upon receiving his brother's note, Arthur Denny set out from Portland on the... Read more
Seattle is great for kids. After all, a place where floatplanes take off a few feet from houseboats, and where harbor seals might be spotted... Read more
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream. ... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now46° F Light Rain 86% Humidity May 23, 2013 at 6:53AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more