- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Northwest Railway Museum
Northwest Railway Museum Review
Vintage cars line a paved path along Railroad Avenue, with signs explaining the origin of each engine, car, and caboose on display, and more history and memorabilia are on display inside the former waiting room of the stunning restored Snoqualmie depot. Several times a day, on weekends only, a train made of cars built in the mid-1910s for the Spokane, Portland, and Seattle Railroad, travels between Snoqualmie Depot and North Bend. The 70-minute (round-trip) excursion passes through woods, past waterfalls, and around patchwork farmland. Crowds of families pack the winter Santa Train journeys and the midsummer Railroad Days rides, when a helicopter drops balloons and prizes over the annual parade.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
Hi, I am very new to this site and the whole idea of posting a message. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more