- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Wolf Haven International
Wolf Haven International Review
Guided tours of this 80-acre wolf sanctuary are given every hour on the hour and run about 50 minutes, during which docents explain the recovery programs and visitors can view the wolves. You must join a tour. In summer the facility hosts a so-called Howl-In (reservations essential), with tours, storytelling, arts and crafts, and howling contests. Note that it's worth taking a look at the website before visiting—the sanctuary has a few rules regarding conduct and photography (certain zoom lenses can only be used on special photography tours). Most importantly, parents should know that although the sanctuary can be a wonderful place for kids, it does not provide as much stimulation as a typical zoo and may bore kids with short attention spans.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
My wife and I are planning a trip to briefly explore northern Idaho and part of Montana in mid-July. Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls ... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more