- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Pacific Northwest
Thornewood Castle Inn and Gardens
At a Glance
- castlelike ambience
- lively events
- one of the more expensive properties in the area
- in a sort of no-man's-land between Tacoma and Fort Lewis
Check Rates from our Partners
Thornewood Castle Inn and Gardens Review
Spread over four lush acres along beautiful American Lake, this 27,000-square-foot, Gothic Tudor–style mansion built in 1908 has hosted two American presidents: William Howard Taft and Theodore Roosevelt. Among the exquisite details inside are medieval stained-glass windows, gleaming wood floors, large mirrors, antiques, fireplaces, and hot tubs. From the lakeside patio and sunken garden you can meditate on the spectacular sunsets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hello all! Read more
It is time for me to contribute to Fodor's instead of mostly lurking for information and pictures.
I recently did a 1 day photography whirlwind trip around Seattle...
Please see my Trip report @
http://foods-drinks-travels.blogspot.com/2013/09/sparkling-northwest-city-named-seattle.html Read more
We are 3 familes (15 at most in group) traveling August 4-11. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots ... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more